From the Archive
Items in the Emanuel's Digital Archives are added as they are submitted.
1995 - 2020
A Contemporary History of Emanuel's Lutheran Church
"Way Beyond Survival: A Contemporary History of Emanuel's Lutheran Church, A Loving Community" by Luther Oelke is an extension of A.G Wiederaenders' work, "A History of Emanuel's Lutheran Church, 1970-1995" (below). Read the updated history of the church here.
From the Archives
Additional Archival Pieces to come.
Stained Glass Tour
In 1956, Emanuel’s dedicated this third sanctuary and education wing that comprise the main campus today. These windows remain testaments to Emanuel’s history, as well as its continued mission and ministry in Seguin and within the wider church. Take the tour here.
ELC Wooden Crosses
Crosses are the most common symbol of the Christian Church. The walls of Emanuel's have dozens of crosses made by woodworker Frank "Pete" Schievelbein years ago. Read more about them here.